Housing Service

Community Action Housing Service manages a broad range of tenancies through four Community Housing Programs, Gympie Regional Council Pensioner Units and Community Action Transitional Properties.

Community Action Housing Service:

Apply for Housing

Tenant Information Booklet

Repairs Request Form

Notice of Intention to Leave Form

Exit Cleaning Checklist

Exit Condition Report

frequently asked questions

Do you provide Crisis Housing?

Community Action Housing Service does not provide crisis accommodation; we offer transitional and long-term accommodation.

Services that may be able to assist:


Are you the Department of Housing?

No, Community Action Housing Service is not the Department of Housing. We are a community organisation.

The two closest Department of Housing Service Centres are:

Can you help with my Department of Housing application?

No, Community Action Housing Services does not provide assistance with completing housing applications.

We are able to assist Gympie clients by booking phone appointments with Department of Housing for a Rent Connect appointment.

What is community housing?

Community Housing is a form of social housing that is transitional or long term. Community Action Housing Services is a non-profit organisation who offer transitional and long-term accommodation.

The different programs and services offered by Community Action Housing Service:

  • Long Term Community Housing
    The Long Term Community Housing program offers longer-term tenancies to people referred from the housing register, for the duration of their need. The rent is set at an affordable proportion of household income.
  • Community Managed Housing Studio Units
    The Community Managed Housing Studio Units program provides transitional and longer term housing assistance to eligible people who have been assessed as very high or high needs applicants. The Community Action CMSU properties are furnished and have some communal areas.
  • Community Rent Scheme
    The Community Rent Scheme is a Transitional Housing program that gives eligible people an opportunity to stabilise their circumstances before moving to longer term housing. Transitional housing is not long-term housing.
  • Same House Different Landlord
    The Same House Different Landlord program is a transitional housing program with support provided to the tenant to assist in managing the tenancy. Community Action Housing Service and the tenant develop a tenancy plan to assist households to gain skills in managing a longer term tenancy. Once the tenant can manage a longer term tenancy, the tenancy and property are transferred back to the Department of Housing & Public Works. This means that the tenant becomes a public housing tenant without needing to move.

Types of transitional housing

Types of community housing

I am a homeowner and would like to know the different programs and services offered with in it.

Community Action Housing Services has a program called Community Rent Scheme where we are able to rent properties from private landlords.  We then tenant this property for eligible applicants referred to us by the Department of Housing.


Are you thinking of renting your property? Apply for a 2-year rental lease, backed by the Queensland Government. Click here for more information on the Help to Home Program.

Information about how the Housing Register works can be found here.

Information about how your rent is calculated can be found here.

Information about bond loans and rental grants can be found here.

Income Consent Form  

Authority to Disclose Information Form

Confidential Medical Report Form


 If you are experiencing hardship or crisis including homelessness or domestic and family violence, and in need of assistance outside of our operational hours, please phone (or click the link to) the following:

Suicide Call Back Service
MensLine Australia

If you are facing an immediate emergency, please phone police, fire, or ambulance on 000.