Complaints & Appeals Procedure

OPTION 1 – Verbal Complaint/Appeal:

Talk to the person directly involved, or if this is not possible, approach another staff member or approach the manager to discuss your concerns OR

OPTION 2 – Written Complaint/Appeal:

Request a copy of our Complaints & Appeals Form or click here to download a copy. If you prefer, you can just write us a letter or send us an email: OR

OPTION 3 – Board of Management:

Request the contact details of the President of our Board of Management from a staff member to discuss your concerns OR

OPTION 4 – Funding Department:

If you have exhausted all avenues available to you under Community Action’s internal complaints and appeals procedures, you can request the funding department’s contact details.

Other Key Complaint Resolution Contacts:

Office of the Public Guardian – 1800 661 533

Human Rights Complaints:

Qld Human Rights Commission – 1300 130 670

Privacy Complaints:

Qld Office of the Information Commissioner – 1800 642 753

It is your right
  • To make a valid complaint or appeal.
  • To use an advocate of your choice to make a complaint or appeal on your behalf eg. a friend, family member or another agency.
  • To lodge your complaint or appeal anonymously. However please note that we may not be able to fully investigate your complaint or appeal if we can’t contact you. We will also be unable to provide you with any response regarding your complaint or appeal.